App Version: 3.8
- Steps to Create an Opportunity.
- Options for sharing an Opportunity.
- How to Edit, Duplicate, Close, or View History for an Opportunity.
As a Shipper, I would like to create a new Opportunity, so that I can find Carriers to deliver loads.
This guide will walk through how to create an Opportunity and how to share that Opportunity either privately or with all Carriers on Roger.
- To create an Opportunity, click on Add + icon in the Opportunities tab.
- Fill out as much or as little information as you would like for the Deal.
- A Destination or Origin must be entered to post the Opportunity. If the location is new, it will be added to your Locations page.
- As you fill in information, it will be displayed in the Opportunity Card to the left of the form, so that you can preview what your Opportunity will look like for Carriers.
- Opportunities are automatically set to Auto Close, meaning that once the number of loads listed in the Opportunity are booked, the Opportunity will not be available for further booking.
- You can change this by clicking on the Auto Close dial. You will then need to manually close the Opportunity.
- Opportunities are automatically set to Public, meaning that they will be shared with all Carriers on Roger.
- You can change this by clicking on the Public dial. You will then see a list of Carriers you are connected with and can select one or more to share the Opportunity with.
- Once finished adding information to the Opportunity, click on Post Opportunity.
- You can also save the Opportunity as a Draft to hold off on posting.
- After an Opportunity is posted, you can Edit, Duplicate, or Close Opportunity by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner of the Opportunity Card.
- View History will only be an option for Opportunities that you created. Selecting View History will show you the change tracking for the Opportunity.
NoteWhile publicly shared Opportunities are only visible by counter parties, some counter parties may have both Shipper and Carrier entities.
Description of Fields
- Deal Name – The name you choose for your Deal. This can be as specific or as broad as you choose.
- From Date – Date the first load(s) will be available. You can select a past date.
- To Date – Date the last load(s) will be available until. You must select a date of today or in the future.
- Equipment Type – A list of available required equipment. You may select one, multiple, or none.
- # of Loads/Auto Close – The number of loads you have available. This number will toll down as loads are booked. The system will also allow for overbooking beyond the number of loads you indicate if Auto Close is not selected. With the Auto Close function selected, once your deal has been fully booked your deal will be removed from the Opportunity tab and placed in the Booked tab.
- Origin – Origin of the load. You must select a geo-tagged location at the state, city, or facility level. You can enter facility addresses.
- Commodity – List of available commodities. You can only select a single commodity.
- Rate – The rate you are looking for based on the corresponding UoM (Unit of Measure).
- UoM (Unit of Measure) – The unit that you would like to measure your rate by. Options are: Bushels (BU), Hundred Weight (CWT), Load (Each), Miles (MI), Short Tons (ST), Hour (HR), Metric Tons (MT), Pounds (LB).
- Additional Terms – Any additional details you would like to include.
Please sign in to leave a comment.