App Version: 2.6.2
- Steps to Create a Deal.
- Options on how to share a Deal.
As a Shipper, I would like to create a new Deal, so that I can share available loads with Carriers.
This guide will walk through how to create a Deal and how to share that Deal as an Opportunity.
Create New Deal
- To create a Deal, click on the + icon in the upper right-hand corner of any Deals section (Draft, Opportunity, Booked, or Withdrawn).
- Fill out as much or as little information as you would like to be a part of the Deal. While no specific field is required, filling out as much information as possible may help lead to more Carrier interest.
- After filling out the Deal details, click next to select how you will share this Deal with Carriers.
- The Deal can be shared privately by selecting from your list of Carriers you are already connected to. Private sharing can be done with an individual Carrier, a group of Carriers, or with all Carriers you are currently connected with.
- The Deal can be shared publicly with all Roger Carriers by selecting the toggle switch in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Once you have selected how you want to share the Deal, click Share in the upper right-hand corner to make this Deal a live Opportunity.
- After sharing the Deal, you can always edit Deal details, duplicate, adjust who you are sharing with, or withdraw the Deal completely by clicking the three horizontal dots on the Deal card.
NoteWhile publicly shared Deals are only visible by counter parties, anyone with a valid DOT/MC number can sign up as a Carrier entity.
Description of Fields
- Deal Name – The name you choose for your Deal. This can be as specific or as broad as you choose.
- From Date – Date the first load(s) will be available. You can select a past date.
- To Date – Date the last load(s) will be available until. You must select a date of today or in the future.
- Equipment Type – A list of available required equipment. You may select one, multiple, or none.
- # of Loads – The number of loads you have available. This number will toll down as loads are booked. The system will also allow for overbooking beyond the number of loads you indicate.
- Origin – Origin of the load. You must select a geo-tagged location at the state, city, or facility level. You can enter facility addresses.
- Commodity – List of available commodities. You can only select a single commodity.
- Rate – The rate you are willing to pay for the load based on the corresponding UoM (Unit of Measure).
- UoM (Unit of Measure) – The unit that you would like to measure your rate by. Options are: Bushels (BU), Hundred Weight (CWT), Load (Each), Miles (MI), Short Tons (ST), Hour (HR), Metric Tons (MT), Pounds (LB).