Shippers, Carriers, Driver (Full and Limited)
Apps: Web, iOS, Android
App Version: 3.14
- Only Drivers (Driver Full or Limited) can Start Load from the Load List, Load Details, and the Map in Roger mobile application.
- Drivers, Carriers, and Shippers can see the truck route and track it on the map view.
- Active loads will display ETA and updated Trip Status.
As a Carrier or a Shipper, I would like to track every load, see their real-time status, and get an updated ETA when they are hauled by drivers.
This guide will introduce you to the feature of starting a load and tracking it.
Start and Track a Load
- Once a load is assigned to a driver, the driver will click Start Load within the app.
- Carrier and Shipper users can view the following information within load details: Origin and Destination pins with a route plotted from the Drivers location to Origin with blue dotted lines and a solid blue line from Origin to Destination. Load status will change from Assigned to Enroute to Origin.
- As the load progresses, the load will appear as a grey truck moving on the map with an ETA to the Origin.
- Once the load reaches the Origin, the truck icon will change color from grey to green. The blue line will change from dotted to solid. As the load progresses, Roger will provide live data until the load arrives at the Destination.
- Upon reaching the Destination, tracking will stop and the green truck icon will no longer be displayed. The route from Origin to Destination remains on the screen with load status and time stamps.
- Once a truck is visible, a Shipper or Carriers can click on the tuck and the row will be highlighted automatically.
- Once a load is assigned to a Driver, the Start Load button will be displayed.
- Upon starting the load, the map screen and load status will change from Assigned to Enroute. The app will display the Distance and ETA from the Driver's location to the origin and from the origin to the destination. This information will also show on the web for Shipper and Carrier users.
- You can view the load status and time stamps by tapping on the status bubble in the upper left corner.
- Poor network connectivity may interrupt load tracking.