Apps: Web App Version: 2.6
- Fields required to dispatch a load to a carrier
- Dispatching on Web Load Dashboard
- Dispatching Multiple loads at once
In your Loads dashboard, you will be able to create, schedule, and dispatch loads to carriers.
Adding a New Load and Entering Information
To add a new load, select the green Add New Load button on the top right of the interface.
Once this is selected a load form will appear. This is where you can enter the load information.
The following fields are Required to Dispatch a load.
- Shipper Contact. This is you as the Shipper. This field is used as the person of reference from who the carrier would have the business relationship
- Carrier: The company that will be handling the transportation of this particular load. If you do not see the carrier that you want to ship this commodity.
The rest of the fields below are Optional for dispatching the load to the carrier, it is recommended to fill out this information if you already have this information.
- Date: This is the date which the freight will move.
- Commodity: This is the commodity that will be moved (Barley, Corn, Bone Meal etc.)
- Origin: The physical location where the load is being picked up from.
- Destination: The physical location where the load will be delivered to.
- Rate: The amount of a charge or payment with reference to some basis of calculation. For example, if the Rate UoM is pounds. This Rate value would represent $/pound.
- Rate UoM (Rate Unit of Measure): This field corresponds with the rate field. A unit of measure is defined as a standard unit by means of which a quantity is accounted for and expressed.
- Shipper Notes: Enter any additional notes that you feel is pertinent to capture for this load.
- Internal notes: These notes are only for the you to see.
- Load #: Tracking number assigned to the load.
- Unload #: Tracking number assigned to the unload at the destination.
- BOL #: Bill of Lading Number. A bill of lading is a document issued by a carrier to acknowledge receipt of cargo for shipment.
- PO#: Purchase Order Number. Internal Purchase Order number that Shipper uses to track loads.
Loads can be dispatched on the load form, by clicking Dispatch as shown below. Dispatching the load sends the load to the specific carrier to complete.
You can also save the loads to your Schedule view, so you can dispatch the load later.
Multiple loads can be dispatched at once on the Schedule View, as shown below. Select the loads that you would like to dispatch by clicking the green checkbox. Then click the dispatch button that appears on the top left.
Once you click dispatch the load(s) will move to your open loads view.